Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Headlights Burn! Eagles Fly!

Damn, I hate choosing, especially when it comes down to two awesome bands on one night. They did it to me during Lollapalooza and now this Friday, a hard decision looms. Do I see the Headlights at Schuba's or Eagle*Seagull at Memories?

The Headlights, out of Champaign, IL (ah, the heartland!) have been garnering alot of buzz leading up to the release of the full length album Kill Them With Kindness, which was set free on Polyvinyl yesterday. It's a superb indie pop album for those who like Grandaddy and the like.

Even though I will be venturing into unchartered territories in terms of this Memories Bar (having never been there in my life), I think that Eagle*Seagull wins out this Friday night. But fret not Headlights you'll have my undivided attention on November 20 @ the Empty Bottle when you return to Chicago.

Make up your own mind this Friday:
Headlights play Schuba's, Decibully opens.
Eagle*Seagull plays Memories (4358 N Cicero)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home